Sunday, August 23, 2020

ONCE UPON A TIME 0.5 : DAY 158



I had company today. Somebody came to see me. If you have resigned yourself to a hermit’s existence for the pandemic you understand. Having company is a big deal. My company today was my daughter in law. She pit stopped in Kansas City on her way from Chicago back to Texas. She pulled into my drive, opened the door, got out. Both of us masked, she threw me a big, virtual hug which of course I returned in kind. 
We social distance at my house; mask, wash hands and avoid people who do not. I can only speak for myself but I reject all of the “Hoax” propaganda. To believe that unrelated reporting institutions, diverse and scattered as they are, would conspire together for the sake of spreading political misinformation, is ridiculous. The health care community is not where deception, distortion and misinformation rule. We all know who wears that hat. Like a bully on the playground, his denials are lies but he tells that lie so loud, so often, it’s what people remember. But that’s what you get with a lifelong narcissist, billionaire who will do anything to be king. 
My daughter in law and I, we had a great visit, shared some music, looked at photographs I had ready for a show in April. It is August and they are still ready. We broke bread with a gourmet, McDonald’s breakfast, reflected on last summer’s birthday reunion on Lake Michigan and watched Nuthatches do their upside down dance on my peanut feeder. When she pulled out I felt so good it didn’t occur to me that we wouldn’t see each other again for a long time. That reality didn’t set in for several hours. Still, when you get lemons, make lemonade. I’ll never be this young again; make lemonade. There is a self obsessed bully in the White House, make lemonade. Today is the only day I can put my hands on, make lemonade.  I would say it has been a good morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment