Saturday, January 20, 2018

NEW DAY


I think my life is a recycling loop with a learning curve just long enough to get things learned and then it’s time to move on to something new and begin all over. In Michigan or Missouri or Louisiana, our lodging would be considered old, somewhat dilapidated, certainly not up to code and besieged with a terminal case of dusty dust, everywhere. The coffee pot is small but it works as does the refrigerator. The 2 kittens have free range of sink, counter tops, dishes etc. so you wash both after and before you do anything that relates to food. 
So, I asked my amiga, “Why do I like this so much?” She said, in so many words, because you’re a boy scout at heart and you identify so strongly with poor people. It’s like coming home after a difficult interface with affluence. I like honey in my coffee but had to settle for pineapple jam this morning. The honey leaves a sweet surprise in the last swallow but my surprise today was little morsels of pineapple. It was different but tasty and nice.
We’ve been nursing turtle eggs now for nearly a week, waiting like nervous grandparents but to no avail. The last 3 days have been fruitless but nature works and those eggs have only one way to go. Yesterday our Director, that’s an official sounding title and I suppose it’s proper; she worked her way down into two nests and shells are starting to break open. So hopes are high this morning. 
We keep thinking we will party after dark: there is a music festival going on and our cohorts said it was great last night. But we shower and shut down before we can crank up. Maturity is great but you reach a point of diminishing returns and sleep has more allure than boogie-woogie. 
New day, sun and high sky, no excuses, no complaints. What was it George Peppard on A-Team always said; “I love it when a plan comes together.” My plan is so loose it doesn’t matter what happens, I can believe it’s all coming together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment