Monday, June 21, 2021

REST OF MY LIFE: DAY 1

  Summer solstice, not quite the deal as winter solstice but still a day to celebrate Mother Earth and Old Man Sol. I am on the North Shore, Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana after a two day road trip. I hadn’t seen my traveling companion of 28 years since Day #1 of our pandemic ‘Hunker-down’. Here it is 461 days later and we are gearing up for a 3 day walk-about (travel with no plans in particular) between here and Mobile, AL. I think maybe it is time to let go the numbers. I would rather think of it as day 1 of the rest of my life. Tomorrow (wake up) I’ll start over and it will be day 1 again. Every day should be a fresh start. 
I haven’t written off Covid but neither do I want to wear it like a wet blanket. Shit happens, you do what you can and when you can, in good conscience, you move on. I keep a mask close at hand and wear it in company of others who choose to wear. Sometimes I wear out of my own sense of caution. If someone carries, I would presume it means they have firearms onboard. Wearing in the same context would be a surgical mask. So I pass on the carry but wear as the situation calls for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment