Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Like A Band Of Gypsies We Go Down The Highway



Calais, Maine: I just crossed over through Customs. The Border guy was very nice; told him several stories and I think he just wanted to get rid of me. He allowed me two extra bottles of wine and my brand new, trophy board. I was gifted a “1 x “12 x ‘7 rough cut, clear pine board, fresh off the table at the saw mill in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. I was warned that I might get static at the border and maybe even have to give it up but the Agent liked the story and welcomed me home. I had planned to stay here tonight but I’m ahead of schedule by a few hours and look to make Bangor, possibly even Portland before I shut down. 
The Story Telling Circle of Halifax gave me a goodbye send off last night: a soup & salad supper at Gil & Linda Winham’s, in Bedford. Ten StoryTellers around the same table . . . right! It was a Hoot. I stayed there last night; clothes packed and car loaded, which put me right on the jump-off, out of town this morning. I’ll post this and get back behind the wheel. 
I’ll miss new friends and cool places and there are lots of reasons to come back but for now, miles = smiles and I'm Smilin'.

1 comment: