Sunday, December 25, 2022

HAPPY HOLIDAY

  It certainly is Christmas morning. So far all I’ve done for the holiday was yesterday at Walmart I nodded approval when a lady with packages and kids thanked me for pushing her empty basket to the cart corral. I had my own canvas shopping bag full of avocados and chips for today. What could be more ‘In the spirit’ than corn chips, guacamole and ginger beer. It is very cold outside and snow won’t go away until the temp gets up above single digits. But I am still glad for Christmas.
It is Sunday as well. At my church the traditional service has been forsaken for an extra hour of sleep and the board of directors is hosting brunch in the dining room. We are Unitarians so that or something more sociable (if not secular) would be keeping with our tradition.
December has been a silent writing season. I think it was Mark Twain who said, “If you have nothing to say, say nothing.” and I take anything he says to heart. I will enjoy good company soon. It takes about half an hour to get to church but with the cold weather and people traveling I don’t think a parking space will be hard to find. My long range plan is to go south and west until I find a “Welcome To Arizona” sign. After I discover the desert again I’ll wait for an omen, like three lost wisemen trying to find their way back to where they came from. Have a merry, Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow-Christmas? How did that ditty go: silver bells and cockle shells and one dandelion. Don’t want to miss the bacon quiche so I’m going out the door as I type.   

No comments:

Post a Comment