Tuesday, April 2, 2019

BY THE DECADE


Life by the decade: 
1st: 
Mom, food, toys & play, run-jump-climb, girls, read & write, wanna be 16. 

Teens: 
Me-me-I-want-I-want! Algebra, narrow minded adults, wrong-about-girls revelation, drive cars, imprint the work/reward correlation.

20’s: 
Sex, job & money, more sex, adrenaline rush, own a fast car. Champion a worthy cause, one that not only feels good but right as well.

30’s:
Career, sex, family (60% responsibility & 40% joy), hobbies, vacations. Not enough hours in the day. Play hard. Expand social & work networks. 

40’s/50’s: 
Family, think about sex, concede to consumer culture, mid-life revelation, aging denial, expensive toys. Play hard. Think about saving for old age.

60’s: 
OMG I’m old already and I didn't save enough, remember sex, play smart, anticipate onset of  obsolescence. Family (25% duty & 75% joy). Simplify, downsize. 

70’s: 
Concede to diminishing eye sight, loss of strength & coordination. Family (10% moral/material support & 90% affection), focus on healthy life style, remember when you thought about sex, rethink mortality. Seek new experiences, travel is more appealing than insurance premiums.

80’s +: 
Day to day, take naps, work at good health. Live the way you want to be remembered. My habit is to associate songs with my own feelings and ideas. In my 80’s it would be James Taylor: “Father & mother, sister and brother, if it feels nice, don’t think twice. Shower the people you love with love.” Then you draw from what is within your reach and let the rest go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment