Wednesday, May 29, 2013

GET OUT OF HERE




So here I am sitting in a Coffee Shop again; this time it’s afternoon in Mitchell, South Dakota. I needed to get out of the truck and do something else for a little while. The coffee’s good and the bagel just so-so but it’s a nice break. I usually have some idea of how a drive should go but today has been so long coming, there wasn’t any real anticipation. I’ve done I-90 through S.D. but it’s been a long time and I was headed home, near the end. I’ve got another 8-10 days before I get to Anchorage; expect to stop half a day at Little Bighorn Nat’l Battlefield, MT and several Provincial Parks in Alberta & B.C. and find some live music in Whitehorse.
By the time I got everything hooked up and stowed this morning, it was daylight and  I buttoned up the place; took off and haven’t discovered yet, what I forgot. People are really nice, want to share their special home-state, home-town and their all wonderful I’m sure. I don’t have any expectations for S.D. and need to get back on the road so I’ll wash the last bite down and post this. Hope to be in Montana tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment